Search API Plugin
I’ve just installed Search API Plugin i’ve written the google custom search id and saved. Now i can’t find the control panel of the plugin. There is an area called “Search Settings” but i see nothing except the texts below:
Before you can use the Google Search Plugin you must have a Google Custom Search Engine setup with Google.
Follow these steps to sign up for a search engine and/or get the correct settings to enter below:
1. Visit the Google Custom Search Site
2. Either click ‘Create a Custom Search Engine’ if you need to create one for your site or ‘manage your existing search engines’ if you have one. You can skip to step 5 if you already have a search engine setup for your site.
3. Enter a search engine name and description, choose a lanaguage and follow the directions on the first page. Under ‘Sites to search:’ make sure to enter the full url to your blog. (For example: http://myblog.tld/blog/* to index the entire blog). Click continue.
4. On the next screen read the information and click the finish button.
5. Select the search engine you want to configure WordPress for by clicking ‘control panel’.
6. You can edit the settings for the search engine here later but for now click ‘Get code’ on the left hand side.
7. Check the middle option ‘Host results on my website using an iframe’ and some code will be generated.
8. In the first text box you should see the following line of code: <input type=”hidden” name=”cx” value=”SEARCH ID HERE” /> copy the value that should be in place of ‘SEARCH ID HERE’.
9. Paste the value below and click ‘Save Changes’
I’ve done all written above. There is no settings page for the plugin.
- The topic ‘Search API Plugin’ is closed to new replies.