Hi Tobias, I have a few questionsabout the table tools icons,
1. is it possible to show the icons before or after the search box in the same line instead of above?
2. How to insert the ALT (mouse over) text since we have only the printing icon displaying the ALT? I saw the answer in another thread without a reasonable answer.
3. Can change the icons size? Can I replace the icons with another icon image set?
4. If I click the CSV or EXCEL icon both generates a .CSV file, how to generate excel files?
5. also my CVS file names comes with two spaces between the file name and the extension such as File .csv when supposed to be File.csv. Some clue?
Please see examples bellow:
thanks for your question, and sorry for the trouble.
Unfortunately, as I’m not the developer of the TableTools JS code from https://datatables.net/extensions/tabletools/ (I only packaged it as a TablePress Extension), I’m not too familiar with its internals and can’t answer all of those questions.
1. This should be possible with some CSS, but I don’t have that available directly 🙁
2. I’m not really sure here. The problem likely is that the other buttons are actually Flash content and not images, and those can’t really have an alt text, from what I know.
3. Sure, that should not be a problem. Just replace the images in the Extension and maybe adjust the image size in the CSS files.
4. While they both have a .csv Extension, there is a difference in the content, from what I know (a different delimiter). Both will be recognized by Excel, but I don’t know if one can choose to have a .xls Extension instead.
5. The file name is constructed from the title of the page, from what I know, so you might have to edit that. It might also be possible to set a different file name using the TableTools API.
- The topic ‘Search and table tools icons in the same line and other icon's issues.’ is closed to new replies.