Support » Fixing WordPress » Search and Replace

  • This morning I moved servers and URLs. My previous server was down, and has been for a week (with no end in sight). I could no longer keep it there for this (amoung other reasons).

    I followed these instructions, and for the most part, everything went smoothly. However, since my other site is down, I couldn’t go to the Admin Panel and update the 2 URLs. Instead, I went into my database, and change the URL in the wp_options table. There was only one cell, however, that contained a URL (which was siteurl). I then uploaded the search and replace script. When I ran it, I kept all of the default settings, selected all of the tables, had it search for the old URL and replace it with the new one.

    However, this didn’t seem to work. My homepage works, but every other page redirects to the old site. What am I doing wrong?


Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • There’s one more table in the database wp_options and it’s called home.
    If you are using PHPmyAdmin, try navigating to the second panel. It’s usually there. I wish it was closer to the siteurl, but it’s lower.

    I’ve made that mistake many times. ;P

    Good luck.

    Wow, I feel stupid. I should have figured there was a second page


    No worries… like I said, I’ve done it too. 🙂

    Glad it got sorted out. Please do mark the post as resolved, that way others (and there will be others) who make the same error will find the solution.

    Have a great day

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Search and Replace’ is closed to new replies.