A lot of people have been asking (myself included) for WP to be more MT like, in terms of how certain features are implemented. Well, I have been spending some time playing around with Textpattern and MT is definatelly not the package WP should be “borrowing” ideas from:
1) Textile integrated with two preview modes, which work very well.
2) Textpattern’s “sections” looks like the most viable solution to WP lack of static pages. It would also address multiple category issues and only view one category per page questions. Each section can have it’s own look, layout etc.
3) Individual entry has a different template from the main page. I have found a way around this, but it does not work properly and is not a very elegant.
4) CSS editor, which is very nice indeed.
5) Ability to copy a particular template/file to create a copy of it that could be used as a template for a different section.
6) Auto-closing of comments (1week – 6 weeks).
7) Forms (templated), while I prefer to use PHP directly … use of tags elimites a lot of headaches when upgrading etc., since tags stay the same even if call syntax changes.
8) Help is really well done.
- The topic ‘Screw MT, look at Textpattern’ is closed to new replies.