Support » Plugin: Shareaholic | share buttons, related posts, social analytics & more » Save menu produces 404 error or 500 error
A unique scenario effecting only the saving of menus.
When active, saving a menu causes error 404, yet at other times it causes error 500.
When deactivated, saving of menus is successful.
The errors produce no log entries.
@rogerwheatley Can you tell us a bit more to help us debug? Which menu are you trying to save?
@shareaholic – Using the standard menu(s) under WordPress admin >> Appearance
This plugin does not allow me to make any changes in menu, any menu can not be modified… and get this error:
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase ‘Connection Timeout’.”
after I uninstall everything works normally
@delete26 – The same solution had worked here too. Deactivating and uninstalling the Shareaholic plugin fixes the issue. We found the reinstalling a fresh version of the plugin does not work, thus removing the plugin was the only option.
@all This is the first time this error has been reported. We’re looking into this. Will post updates here.
Are you attempting to edit or modify your WordPress menus and experiencing the timeout error? Or are you trying to use functionality in the Shareaholic app manager plugin?
It would help us debug if you gave us:
1. WordPress version
2. Shareaholic plugin version you have installed
3. WordPress theme you are using
4. Your blog URL
Shareaholic plugin version 18.104.22.168
WordPress theme :Jarida but this bug is in any themes
It is happening when I am trying to make changes to my WP menus. I can make the changes, but when I hit save I get either the 404 or 500 error. When I go back to the menu, the changes haven’t been saved.
To answer your questions:
1. WP version 3.9.1
2. Shareaholic version 22.214.171.124
3. Clear Line Theme
Modifying, adding and saving of WordPress menus.
1. WP 3.9.1
2. Shareaholic 126.96.36.199
3. Multiple. One example is the U-Design theme
4. Multiple sites, but plugin currently removed from all sites.
5. Are you installing the plug-in using the WordPress Plugins > Add New functionality, or custom installing the plug-in?
6. Have you made any manual customizations to WordPress, such as writing custom PHP?
7. Are you able to do a screen-share or record a set of screen grabs to show the process that leads to the error?
5. I think you’re thinking of “Install Plugins” instead (page title), found via:
Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add new
If so, yes, that’s how Shareaholic was installed on sites.
6. No, no custom PHP
7. Sorry, I cannot do any screen shares as the plugin has been removed. I notified Shareaholic so that they were aware of the issue. Sites have moved to other solutions.
Some sites have caching plugins such as W3 Total Cache, others use WP Super Cache, and others use no cache. Disabling cache does not fix the issue.
- The topic ‘Save menu produces 404 error or 500 error’ is closed to new replies.