Support » Plugin: Brilliant Web-to-Lead for Salesforce » Salesforce Plugin Conflict WordPress 5.6.1

  • Resolved amberpitcher

    (@amberpitcher)


    After the WordPress Update to 5.6.1, the Salesforce plugin (as well as other plugins) has created a lot of issues on my site that is built with Elementor.

    Just wanted to bring this to the attention of the developers, hopefully they are already in the process of updating the plugin. (-:

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Nick Ciske

    (@nickciske)

    It’d be helpful if you could be more specific as to the issues you think are being caused by this plugin.

    Was this an upgrade from 5.6 to 5.6.1 or an earlier version? If so, which version?

    Which version of PHP is your site using? Did that also change recently?

    Do you have any error messages you can report?

    npf Marketing Services

    (@npf-marketing-services)

    This happened on one of my sites today, so I very quickly rolled back to WP5.6 where everything had been working fine. PHP is 7.4.

    The symptom: the form appears to submit but I don’t end up on the target post submission page AND I don’t get and email AND there is no Lead created in SalesForce.

    Plugin Author brilliantplugins

    (@brilliantplugins)

    So it’s a PHP 7.4 conflict, not a WP 5.6.1 conflict. I’ll add it to our issue tracker.

    npf Marketing Services

    (@npf-marketing-services)

    I’m somewhat confused because I’ve had the server running PHP7.4 for well over a year and I’ve never had any issues with this.

    It was only with the WP core update to 5.6.1 that I saw the failure.

    I accept it may be a combination of WP5.6.1 and PHP7.4.

    npf Marketing Services

    (@npf-marketing-services)

    OK, for me this is now looking like a false alarm because I updated my localhost copy of the site to 5.6.1 and it all works properly.

    Then I checked the PHP and it’s 7.4.5 on the localhost and 7.4.14 on the live site, so I’m thinking maybe it’s this that makes the difference following your reasoning.

    So, I updated the live site again to 5.6.1 and it is all working fine.

    I can only conclude that the first 5.6.1 update didn’t take 100% and the rollback and update again made the difference.

    I don’t know if any of this will help Amber, but from my perspective I think all is OK.

    Plugin Author brilliantplugins

    (@brilliantplugins)

    I’m using 7.4 for local testing with no issues either. So this appears to be either an issue with 5.6.1 (not the plugin) or something specific to the WP install.

    npf Marketing Services

    (@npf-marketing-services)

    I agree, I don’t think it’s the plugin at all.
    I can only conclude that in my case it was simply a ‘buggy’ WP core update as the roll-back and second update cleared the issue and nothing else changed at the same time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.