Thank you very much for your prompt reply (and fix of the issue). I tested the new version, and it works fine!
Your plugin is essential for bulk-changing things that should actually be available from the normal user interface, such as:
- bulk-changing post dates and other post metadata. WordPress' bulk change features are extremely limited in that respect
- replacing URLs when moving the WordPress installation to a new host
- selectively replacing URLs, for example when I move a download folder to a new location
- replacing values in custom taxonomies, for example zeroning out the sales counters in e-commerce taxonomies, or bulk-changing prices of a product category
I have tried other solutions to do these tasks, such as PHPmyAdmin and Adminer for WordPress, but they have very primitive command-line based search-replace functions with no preview. And I'm no mood to learn command-line SQL commands.
As for the user interface of SSR, I'd suggest that you make the names of the fields a little more user-friendly, or add some accompanying help text.
For example, you could rename the "Selector" field to "Search for:" and the two "Filter" fields to "Replace this text:" and "With this text:"
That would make it far simpler for novices to understand.
I'd also suggest that you move the fields for saving the search criteria in a new block beneath the search table, and rename the entire thing to "Save search criteria." And there should be a "Save criteria" button to actually save the search criteria, instead of just a "Simulate" button, which is not clear if it will save the criteria or not.
BTW, I still haven't figured out what "Block size" does or what "Maximum Execution Time" means. Fortunately, I don't seem to need them.