Support » Fixing WordPress » RSS not working since update to 3.3

  • Resolved eoren1


    My RSS feed seems broken since updating to 3.3.

    I have not received any updates in my reader or Google Currents which I have set up to grab data from my feed.

    My MailChimp RSS powered email campaigns also have stopped going out as they are not ‘seeing’ any updates to the RSS feed. I checked the feed xml and it does show the latest entries so I’m perplexed.

    I do have WP RSS images and have deactivated/reactivated the plugin. No difference.

    Also run W3 Total Cache and cleared its cache.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.


Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • All I can do is point this out, and hopefully google or someone else can tell you if it’s significant.

    The RSS validator shows an encoding issue

    And google turns up

    I’m not sure if that could cause the issues you are having….



    Yah – the validator has given me that info before:

    This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.
    Your feed appears to be encoded as “UTF-8”, but your server is reporting “US-ASCII”

    but it never seemed to be an issue in propagating the feed (if that correctly describes my issue)

    Yeah… that was the only thing I can see, since, as you noticed, your raw feed is perfectly fine.

    Something is blocking the other services from grabbing them…..



    Hmm..nevermind. Just had my last three posts show in my reader.

    Not sure what the answer was but thanks for trying…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS not working since update to 3.3’ is closed to new replies.