Support » Fixing WordPress » RSS not working

  • It’s been called to my attention that my RSS feed is not working. I am thinking that it has never worked and I was unaware of it.

    Here’s my address: (which is a subdomain of my site) … the actual address is:

    I have gone to feed validator and get messages that tell me something is wrong but I’m not a programmer so I haven’t tampered with the script. I’m hoping there’s just a setting wrong somewhere.

    Validator tells me that feeds should not be served with the ‘foo’ media type, and that they are getting an unexpected MIME type … I am reading the validator explanation but I am clueless how to practically solve it.

    I just did a basic installation and an upgrade to 1.5.2. I have added no plugins, so I don’t know what the problem is.

    I notice that when I click on the RSS button in the url window that my feed takes this form:


    But the feeds from most other people’s sites end in atom.xml
    This was the same in 1.5.1 – it’s not an upgrade issue.

    So I don’t know why my feed is different and apparently wrong for most newsreaders.
    Help, please.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS not working’ is closed to new replies.