* I have a main WordPress homepage
* A separate multisite install for sub blogs
* A separate site that has a combined RSS feed taken from the sub blogs
* All sites use the same main domain, but run under separate sub domains, e.g.
* For both of the WordPress sites I use a adapted version of the twentyten theme
On the latest posts page I display two RSS feeds next to the main content, these are pulled from two of the sub-blogs via the built-in RSS Widget.
Since both have been upgrade to 3.5.2 the RSS Widget will no longer show feeds from the sub blogs, I get this error:
“RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: A valid URL was not provided.”
The feeds validate on the w3c test page
I also have a newsticker plugin that pulls content from the rss.domain.com address, and this also does not show anything now.
Since 3.5.2 contains a lot of fixes for cross site scripting, I am wondering if any of these fixes would stop the pulling of RSS content from sites that use the same parent domain?
Both the widget and the plugin can load third party RSS feeds.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?
- The topic ‘RSS Feeds from same parent domain not loading’ is closed to new replies.