RSS Feeds and Date showing in Google Snippets
Before I come to my question, I want to thank you for your plugin. It is the most important single plugin that I have installed on my wordpress site.
Now to the point. I am working in a new version of my site, and somehow google managed to index the new pages (in provisional urls unfortunatelly). The description of the pages that are indexed have the date, and the only place where google could get this information is from the RSS Feed; nowhere else this information is shown, only in the /feed.
So, now I can think in two alternatives:
1) Disable the RSS Feeds, but I don’t know what kind of consequences it could have to the SEO of my site (pretty poor at the moment IMO, that is why I am making so many changes);
2) Somehow removing the date information from the Feeds; again I don’t know if I do that, the feeds will be usefull at all (for google to indexing my pages i.e.), and if it will have some negatives consequences for the SEO.
It looks like google is getting all the information of the new unfished site from its feed, so I would consider it is important for the SEO.
1) Is there any way to prevent google using the Feeds to get the date in which individual pages where published?
2) Is it possible that, when I upload the proper site_map google will stop using the feed for getting the date of the pages?
My site is a bussines directory, so its main function is to store information of individual companies and to show this information in google and other search engines. The date is not relevant at all, and I don’t think any user of my site will need to subscribe to the feed.
Many thanks in advance for your help,
- The topic ‘RSS Feeds and Date showing in Google Snippets’ is closed to new replies.