I have a podcast (www.stfushow.com) which has been on iTunes for about 6 months. Last week, the site went down for about 1/2 day. When it came back up, I suddenly started getting emails that listeners were not able to download the show from iTunes anymore. On iTunes, it would still show the latest podcast, but the download would not proceed.
Since then, I’ve double-checked my feedburner settings (feeds.feedburner.com/STFUShow) and validated. I’ve clicked the RSS feed on my site (it works), and right-clicked specific shows on iTunes to copy the feed URL to ensure nothing had changed (it hadn’t).
In short, besides the server briefly going down on Go Daddy, nothing has changed on the site. Strangely enough, if I do the following, SOME of the shows can be downloaded through iTunes:
1. From the STFUShow.com site, I click on the RSS link at the bottom
2. On the Feedburner page, I click “add to iTunes”
3. iTunes opens and I can download a few podcasts
4. However, when I open iTunes later, nothing downloads and it says to “check the URL”.
This is driving me insane, and I have a feeling it’s a simple solution. We get the majority of our listeners from iTunes, so it’s imperative I get this straightened out. By the way, we also have the show on Stitcher radio and have had no problems. Anything the WP community can do to help is appreciated.
- The topic ‘RSS, Feedburner, and iTunes’ is closed to new replies.