[Resolved] RSS feed Widget… Not Showing Correct Content?
I’ve searched and found some similar topics, but all of the topics I’ve found were in regards to custom/third party RSS widgets and so I decided to post my own support thread to address my issue.
So what’s going on is this:
– I use WP’s default RSS widgets (I happen to like them, thank you!) to display the last 3 most recent posts from my different categories in my sidebar.
– Each category has its own RSS widget (there are five of them) and no two feeds are alike.
– The RSS widgets pull the content just fine for 3 of the categories.
– BUT for two of the RSS widgets, the content pulled is either out of date (the post got edited) or WRONG.
The RSS for my Blog Updates is supposed to pull content from only my Blog Update category (I tested the feed address and it works!), but for some kooky reason, it is pulling a feed of ALL of my posts.
I have removed the widget and re-added it – re-entering the feed url and information and etc – but the problem persists and I have no idea why and it’s driving me a bit bonkers.
Can someone either tell me why this is happening or maybe tell me what’s going on and how to prevent this/stop this?
Is there a better way to do what I am doing that doesn’t involve RSS feeds?
I chose RSS feeds as it seemed like a logical way to show updates on specific content and it would let my visitors RSS feed the different categories themselves without having to peruse my posts.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] RSS feed Widget… Not Showing Correct Content?’ is closed to new replies.