I have installed WordPress 2.9.2 for some months successfull. Since that I also integrated some plugins. However all looks like normal since today. The main differnt: today I posted a new article. I don’t know where there was an other change since the last post.
However I found a strange error according to the Feed URL.
My WordPress blog URL is http://blog.blackseals.net. Normally the RSS Feed looks like “http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/”.
That is Ok, for Firefox and some other RSS Reader. However in IE8 I found a strange event. If I use “http://blog.blackseals.net/feed” I will get a normal RSS Feed response in the Browser. Recognize the missing “/” after “feed”. After that, the URL change to “http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/”.
If I reload the website with that url I get the following error message: “Internet Explorer cannot display this feed”. In Firefox it doesn’t care.
Some more testing with the WordPress feeds results in following:
“http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/” not Ok in IE8
“http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/atom/” Ok in IE8
“http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/rss/” Ok in IE8
“http://blog.blackseals.net/feed/rss2/” not Ok in IE8
=> RSS 2.0 Feed was working during the last test with IE8. It was for three weeks. Normally I use Firefox or Outlook 2010. Outlook 2010 is also not available to download the newest article….
Please for help.
- The topic ‘RSS Feed URL does not work in IE8’ is closed to new replies.