Hi there forum,
I’m having a problem with a website I created with WordPress. For a few days now the site is getting numerous hits from an IP adress which turns out to be the internet provider from my client. In Awstats, this ‘page’ turns out to get an insane amount of hits suddenly:
Now i’m no programmer or techie, so I have no idea what the real problem is here. I suggest it has something to do with the rss / feed. (duh)
It suggests there’s a directory called ‘feed’ but I never made that directory and it is no where to be found on the server when I log in?
The site works normally but this insane amount of traffic is weird to me and my client. I hope it is not something serious.
Here are some of the facts I can give you:
– the log file shows a lot of these messages:
“18.104.22.168 – – [23/Dec/2013:07:10:51 +0100] “GET /feed/ HTTP/1.1” 200 45329 “http://blog.iaccount4u.nl/feed/” “SimplePie/1.3.1 (Feed Parser; http://simplepie.org; Allow like Gecko) Build/20130505184742″
– the theme I use is ‘Spun’ by Caroline Moore v. 2.0.2.
– the following plug-ins are installed: Tweet, Like, Google +1 and Share, Social Media Mashup, Really Simple CAPTCHA, Google Universal Analytics, Google Analyticator, Dynamic To Top, Contact Form 7
– the site runs on a ‘sub-domain’ folder on the server
I hope someone can tell me what is going on here so that I might be able to find a solution? If you need any more specific info feel free to ask.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
- The topic ‘RSS / feed problem, or….?’ is closed to new replies.