There are several high quality WPHacks which allow you to display one or more RSS feeds on your blog. However what I wanted to was to use WP as an RSS aggregator, periodically polling a number of RSS feeds, and inserting each new item as a new WP post. There might be an existing implementation of this idea, but I didn’t find it, so I whipped up something quick this morning.
- tries to be smart about mapping DublinCore fields to WP fields
- supports automatically categorizing new posts based on their originating feed
- uses postmeta to keep track of previously seen posts
- Ignores mod_content, only works with RSS 1.0
- Only supports inserts, not updates
- Built against nightly build 2004-7-14, ymmv
Download at: http://laughingmeme.org/code/wp-rss-aggregate.php.txt
This is just a quick hack, but I thought I’d share. Among other things, there might be a couple of functions in there that would be useful to other hack authors.
- The topic ‘RSS Aggregator’ is closed to new replies.