First, I want to mention that I’ve done numerous searches on google, in the wordpress.org forums and in the codex for the answer to this question. I also contacted my ISP and the solution they gave me doesn’t seem to work.
Here’s a quick summary of my migration:
– old blog host: mydomain.wordpress.com
– old blog URL: blog.mydomain.com -> mydomain.wordpress.com
– old DNS record: blog.mydomain.com. 3600 CNAME mydomain.wordpress.com.
– new blog host: mydomain.com/blog
– new blog URL: mydomain.com/blog
– delete this: blog.mydomain.com. 3600 CNAME mydomain.wordpress.com.
– need this: blog.mydomain.com -> mydomain.com/blog
All of this works great except I’m not sure what lines to add to my root level .htaccess file to rewrite blog.mydomain.com to mydomain.com/blog.
Important note: I want the URL in the browser to change to: mydomain.com/blog
Unfortunately, my ISP instructed me to create a subdomain, and now to get this to work I think that I also have to either add an .htaccess file to my subdomain directory or delete the subdomain (and related DNS records).
- The topic ‘rewrite subdomain to subdirectory using .htaccess’ is closed to new replies.