I thought the first time was a fluke and an issue with the way I had the plugin set up, but I’m hoping I can uncover why it is that two of my dev sites have been indexed by Google, even with Restricted Site Access enabled before migrating the site from my local environment to my public facing staging server.
I didn’t really do much with the plugin, but both times opted to show a simple message which was just the default message that ships with the plugin. I tested the plugin functionality using different browsers and verified that the message was in fact being shown, as expected, but two sites have been indexed by Google so I’m a bit stumped. I’ve just switched the plugin to redirect to the WP login as perhaps it’s an issue with the simple message being displayed, but I’ve also implemented Basic HTTP auth to hopefully get Google to pull down the links sooner than later.
- The topic ‘Restricted site being indexed by Google’ is closed to new replies.