I must go back to WordPress 2.9.2 from WP 3.0.1 due to the incompatibility of critical plugins.
I have the complete installation that I FTP’d to my hard drive and the export of the database that I exported from MyPHPAdmin. I also have the export of the XML from the site. There have been no changes since upgrading so the restore should get me back to where I was when I upgraded.
Does anyone have a tried and true step by step process for going back????
My plan is to do the following:
1. Delete the entire installation via FPT , all files and folders.
2. Through MyPHPAdmin, drop all of the existing tables. (Clean out the DB).
3. FTP all of my Version 2.9.2 site backup folders and files to the site.
4. Import the database from the 2.9.2 install that I backed up.
Similar steps that I use to move a site from Go Daddy to Host Gator. The database info in wp-conf.php should be the same.
Is there a better more tried and true process that I should be using????
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
- The topic ‘Restore WP 2.9.2 from WP 3.0.1’ is closed to new replies.