Request: More Options for Tumblr
I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to add tags to the Tumblr function as well as well as being able to set a click through link for image posts.
Would be great time saver.
Thank you for your interest to our products.
1. There are tags to the Tumblr function. It was there from the beginning.
2. Can you elaborate on what is “being able to set a click through link for image posts” exactly?
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ludwig Van Normainen
Sorry for the late response. I wanted to take a closer look but was busy.
1. Regarding the post tags I realize now that you do have the option. Sorry about that.
But for one of my sites I, like many others, have opted to use custom taxonomies instead of tags. Would it be possible to add that as an option? It might be yet another reason for people to use your plugin instead of the new Jetpack module. (That’s me trying to convince you. How did I do?)
2. When you’re creating image posts on Tumblr there is an extra box that allows you to add a link to the image. You can see it in the highlighted areas in the two images:
Another option that would be nice is for it to “Set a custom post URL”
1. Can you tell me how can I use custom taxonomies instead of tags?
2. Click through link for image posts has been added to the version 2.4
I’m not too sure what you are asking with the first question but if you are asking how its done. There are several ways such as registering custom taxonomies in your functions.php file or using a number of plugins. I use http://yoast.com/wordpress/simple-taxonomies/ This plugin also allows you to easily disable the regular post_tag taxonomy.
I thought that perhaps I could change the code in your plugin like this:
It wouldn’t have been perfect but it would have been a start. Actually I use several taxonomies to categorize in different ways and it would be great to be able to select which taxonomies (multiple if possible) to include as tags on Tumblr.
Even if the above hack had worked though, it would just be overwritten in your next update so again, not an ideal solution.
I understand if it is too difficult to implement. I’m not a coder so have no idea really.
Thanks for the click through link btw. Awesome!
- The topic ‘Request: More Options for Tumblr’ is closed to new replies.