I've been working on an extension to the store-locator-le plugin to allow the locations to be populated from an external source. I've got it working from the code as it is, but I'm worried some of what I've done may break with future updates to the code. If you could make a few modifications to the core this would make my extension much more stable.
I've posted a patch here:
Let me know if there's a better format for this.
Basically I've added in two hooks to inform my plugin when the location data is inserted/edited, and I've removed the check in "getFieldValue()" which returns nothing when adding a location.
The first two should be safe enough. I'm not entirely sure of the implications of the change to getFieldValue(), but without it I can't see a way to add default values to new locations.
Thanks for all your hard work,