I’ve been running a WP blog now since April ’05. I now have 800+ registered users and require registration to post comments, use printer-friendly pages, and view premium content.
Recently, however, I’ve had a couple of kids get on my site and register tons of different user names and start arguing with each other and themselves about things.
I find myself wishing for more power in the users section of the admin page.
1. I’d like the ability to view the date that they signed up and the date that they last logged in. It would be great if WordPress time-stamped the user’s record on registration and again every time they log in.
2. I would like the IP address of each user captured at registration.
3. A count of the number of comments each user has made would also be a great field to see.
3. I would like the ability to sort based on the column headings:
Last date logged in
4. It would be nice if I could sort these column headings in descending or ascending order.
5. It would also be nice to be able to manage the registration process more – to block certain IP addresses from registering.
If anyone has a hack, plugin, or is willing to consider this as an enhancement to WordPress, it would be great.
I understand the preference to date has been to provide controls at the comment level, but I don’t have the tools I need to manage my user database and clean out the dead ID’s or identify when some kid is arguing with himself.
What I plan to do with it if I had it:
* Sort by registration date to identify when some kid is registering 20 user names one after the other
* Identify multiple ID’s for one user by IP address
* Identify who my top contributors are
* Weed out spam that gets by the filters and plugins
I had these abilities in PHPBB2, and I really, really miss them.
Thank you again to the WordPress developers for producing such a professional product.
- The topic ‘Request for Expanded User Management’ is closed to new replies.