The Dashboard is an excellent addition for WP and I can see many useful directions it can evolve to.
* Links: Codex, Support (not just the one at the buttom), themes/plugin repositories and a BIG donation button.
* Updates/checks: check if it's the newest version of WP, check with plugins and themes if they are up to date.
* Groupblog features: a list of all users last logins, small message thread for all users to see, small to do list for all ... would be very useful for more editorial style blogs with several contributors
* News: more and regular - plus a rotating newbee tips & tricks section.
* Stats: like the awesome BAstats - which are really helpful.
Thanks for reading!