[resolved] Repository problems (6 posts)

  1. kevin heath
    Posted 2 years ago #


    I've uploaded a new plugin today but I seem to be having problems with some people who install it through the wordpress dashboard.

    the plugin name is Affiliate Window Banners

    I have no problems with the plugin when I upload the zop file directly and install it but there is a problem if I install the plugin using WordPress dashboard in that it does not function correctly.

    Having played around a bit I think the problem is the name of the folder that is created by wordpress.

    It produces a folder called affiliate-window-banners whcih is fine as this is the name of the plugin. But the plugin may not work correctly with this name. Using ftp I changed the folder name to affiliate-window (ie just deleted the -banners) and it has solved the problem and the plugin works great again.

    I've gone through all my code and I can not see anything that would cause the problem.

    Anyone got any suggestions as to what I need to be looking at?


  2. kevin heath
    Posted 2 years ago #


    It seems that when people download through the reposirotty they are not getting all the files that are included in the trunk folder.

    The classes sub folder is not downloaded and one of the screen shots isn't.

    any idea how to solve this or is it bet to delete everything in the repository adn start again

  3. Birgir Erlendsson (birgire)
    Posted 2 years ago #


    Comparing the "tag 1.1" and the "trunk" shows the difference you mention:



    The downloadable link is


    on http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/affiliate-window-banners/

    I'm no svn expert but when I make a new tag version from the trunk,
    I do something like this:

    # svn cp trunk tags/1.1
    # svn ci -m "tagging version 1.1"
  4. kevin heath
    Posted 2 years ago #


    thanks for the imput. It' very late here and I've spent hours trying to fix this issue without success.

    Tomorrow I'm just going to delete everything in in rapidsvn and the respository and try again from a fresh start.

    I've no ideal why it's not working correctly, I've never had this porblem with my other plugins. Guess there's a first time for everything.

  5. Birgir Erlendsson (birgire)
    Posted 2 years ago #

    ok good luck

    ps: I had some problems also when I deleted screenshots files in the most recent tag directory, but I fixed it by adding a new tag from the
    trunk using the commands above (I'm on Linux)

    So my lesson was: don't mess with the "tag" directories,
    and update/delete files only within the "trunk" directory ;-)


  6. kevin heath
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Ok fixed it. I had a badly set directroy pth which worked with my named development plugin but would not find the plugin directory when installed through wordpress.

    It's fixed now.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic