I am building a WP site in a test/staging area. Once I’m done, I want to deploy the live site at a different hosting company with a different mySql database instance. It’s important that the settings get preserved. I’m not sure the best way to do this– my idea was:
* Build a fresh, blank mySql database at the live hosting company.
* Export the test/staging database and import it into the live blank database.
* Copy all the WP files from the test/staging area to their final resting place on the live site.
* Update user name and password in WP config file. Done!
Will this work, and is there a better way to do this? 🙂
- The topic ‘Replicate a WP install from test site to deployment site’ is closed to new replies.