Support » Plugin: ReOrder Posts within Categories » Reorder not displaying on front end now

  • Resolved maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)


    I’m one of the people who had the problem with the recent update not displaying the icons to reorder. That was fixed in the newest update so the back-end works fine. The problem is the changes don’t display on the front-end…and they used to. It’s using a pretty standard category page and worked for a few years until these recent plugin changes.

    Any help will be appreciated! THANKS

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Hi,
    I’m having the same issue with WordPress 5.4 – the posts don’t reorder in the front-end, even after clicking on reset. Many thanks.

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    odd, are you using WooCommerce by any chance?

    Thread Starter maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)

    No….no WooCommerce on this site.

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    I check on my machine and all is working as expected.

    Have you enabled the the ‘manual’ sorting in the dashboard, the ‘Yes’ radio button must be selected on the re-order page.

    Thread Starter maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)

    Yup. I’ve toggled it back and forth. Unchecked it, sorted things, rechecked it….etc

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    are you using ‘post’ taxonomy ‘category’ or some cpt taxonomy?

    How are you building your front-end queries?

    Hi,
    Nothing has changed in my template at all, it just stopped working after the latest WordPress update. No woocommerce either. I have enabled manual sorting. I use your plugin to reorder staff members – this was working beautifully until the last WP update. Thanks for your help.

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    v2.5 had a number of fixes including some weird big which in certain circumstances would cause the tracking of ranked terms to be lost in the dB.

    Can you upgrade and resort your posts and see if it reflects on the front end.

    Else it has to do with the filtering of front end queries such as the issue with get_posts which suppresses filters by default.

    Thread Starter maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)

    I’m using a CPT taxonomy. This worked fine until an update a while back.

    I’m using v2.5 and just updated a few minutes ago to the newest version. No change.

    Thread Starter maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)

    …also the front-end display is unchanged category page.

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    an you upgrade and resort your posts and see if it reflects on the front end.

    did you resort your posts in the admin page

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    @maddogprod so I finally managed to reproduce this error. The default taxonomy query does not contain the cpt post_type and this is causing a problem in the plugin.

    Can you list the plugins you are using on your setup?

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    This worked fine until an update a while back.

    any idea when? the query object isn’t being setup properly in WP 5.x any idea when you saw the change?

    Thread Starter maddogprod

    (@maddogprod)

    Thanks for checking into this.

    – Yes, I’ve resorted several times. With it checked. Unchecked (then rechecked after sort). Even Reset the Order and tried again. Not working.

    – Unfortunately I don’t know when it started. I haven’t needed to use this function in a couple of years. I first noticed it when I tried several months ago (my first posting of a problem was tacked onto someone else’s post here).

    – I’m using Custom Post Types UI and Advanced Custom Fields to create the Post Type and Taxonomy

    Thanks again!
    Mad Dog

    Plugin Author Aurovrata Venet

    (@aurovrata)

    Ok Pero Loco! thanks for the reply. I have raised a bug on WP core to see if a fix can be introduced into the core queries.

    In the mean time, after a good night sleep, I have thought of a way to hack the query in the plugin and ensure the correct result is returned. I will release this fix shortly.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Reorder not displaying on front end now’ is closed to new replies.