Support » Plugin: PDF Embedder » Rendering “ti” improperly

  • Resolved rwdrummond


    Hi – great plugin! We’ve used it for about 2 years now and love it. Recently, however, we ran into a small issue. The page in question is used to display a dining menu. This week, the word “gratin” was rendered as “gra* n” – but if you use the download button in the toolbar, the downloaded PDF is correct. A couple of weeks back we had a similar problem when “manicotti” was rendered incorrectly (‘manico” ‘ if I remember correctly). In that case too, the downloaded PDF was correct.

    We upload MS Word documents to the site and use LibreOffice to convert them to PDFs, so I’m suspicious that the issue has something to do with that process and not PDF Embedder. Just wanted to check, however, to see if anyone else has reported such an issue?

    Many thanks@

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • PDFG Support


    Hi rwdrummond,

    Unfortunately, this looks to be a limitation in the script for rendering font ligatures. It may be due to how LibreOffice is outputting the final PDF so I would recommend trying to generate your document using MS Word’s own Export > Export to PDF function to see if this method rectifies the issue for you.

    If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email at as we do not necessarily see post here in a timely fashion.


    Thread Starter rwdrummond


    This is indeed related to LibreOffice – converting the file with MS Word or ReadIRIS produces a PDF file that PDF-Embedder renders properly.

    Thank you for the quick response, and a great plugin!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Rendering “ti” improperly’ is closed to new replies.