[Resolved] Renaming FTP directory to slug gives broken links, because of the trashed slugs
– changing the slug for an indexed folder
( I know atm it’s intended to not update the ftp directory name)
– now, change the directory name in FTP to match your folder slug
– the plugin will index the renamed folder. But you lost your slugs, which results to broken links. The original slugs you wanted taken by the automatically trashed folder post.
To get the slugs for the renamed directories you have to delete the trashed folder posts and change the slugs for the newly indexed folders one-by-one. This will take a while to fix every time you rename an ftp directory.
Maybe it’s better to not trash the posts if the directory deleted on the ftp. There is no way to restore this trash folder post.
Maybe it is better not to rename directories that have been indexed already.
If you want to change a slug, please leave the system directory as-is.
I have already explained why. Don’t complain that it doesn’t work if you try to rename directories.
This is a fact feedback, not a complain:)
Sorry if you see differently. Some people will not take any effort to submit an issue, suggestions, improvements … and they move on. But I’m still here and try to help you.
Deleting folders on FTP has the same problem.
The associated folder post will be trashed.
– there is no way to restore from the trash
– media library full of broken images, and you have to spend a lot of time to cleanup the media section
This plugin is just not for you.
Don’t rename or delete folders after they have been indexed. Renaming a folder is just the same for Eazyest Gallery as deleting them. The reason they get trashed only is because sometimes read errors occur and Eazyest Gallery may delete a folder when it still exists. If you have deleted the folder on purpose, please also delete it in Eazyest Gallery.
How do you think they would be untrashed after you have deleted all images?
Thanks for the reasoning.
Deleting a folder in FTP is intentional, similarly as uploading folders in FTP.
The Media Library shows the broken attachments for the trashed folders. Is there any way to fix this?
But when you read multiple times to not rename or delete the gallery folders by ftp, it is intentionally stupid to do it anyway.
It is like you change the MySQL database in phpadmin and wonder why WordPress doesn’t work anymore.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Renaming FTP directory to slug gives broken links, because of the trashed slugs’ is closed to new replies.