Brand new WordPress site running under Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.5. The only other plugin I have installed is the Akismet. The only theme installed is Customizr...all current versions as of yesterday.
What I have done:
1) Downloaded rename-wp-login > unzipped > placed in plugin folder
2) Activated rename-wp-login through admin panel > Plugins
3) Redirected to Permalinks. Renamed to http://www.mysite.com/mylogin > Saved config
4)Cleared browser cache > Went to http://www.mysite.com/mylogin
5) Presented with 404
6) Removed the plugin folder and was able to access wp-login.php again.
1) When I rename my site to /mylogin, should the plugin create a new folder in the root of the site or is this simply an update to the DB? (No new folder was created)
2) DO I actually need to rename my wp-login.php file?