I have fairly new to wordpress and have just created my first child theme in clean retina and want to remove the search form.
The research I’ve done says to create a functions.php file in the child directory and copy the searchform code into it, then comment out the search form.
I read that putting <!– content –> would comment out the code but the search form is still there on the site. This is how the code looks now
* Displays the searchform of the theme.
* @package Theme Horse
* @subpackage Clean_Retina
* @since Clean Retina 1.0
* cleanretina_searchform hook
* HOOKED_FUNCTION_NAME PRIORITY
* cleanretina_display_searchform 10
do_action( ‘cleanretina_searchform’ );
My site is http://www.christopher-dyson.co.uk
Am I doing something wrong? Any advice appreciated, thanks?
- The topic ‘remove search form in child theme’ is closed to new replies.