Have already removed all comments where ever possible. Have searched existing suggestions and tried them all.
Noticed that when commenting out the code below in the function somments.php, that the "Leave a Reply" is eliminated but that the text on the webpage appears to be part of the background rather than in the left-column where the image is located.
How do I get the left column to reappear? (Note that I do not know php or CSS).
Here's the code that I've been working with to eliminate the "Leave a Reply" comment:
* The template for displaying Comments.
* The area of the page that contains both current comments
* and the comment form. The actual display of comments is
* handled by a callback to twentyeleven_comment() which is
* located in the functions.php file.
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Twenty_Eleven
* @since Twenty Eleven 1.0
<?php if ( post_password_required() ) : ?>
<p class="nopassword"><?php _e( 'This post is password protected. Enter the password to view any comments.', 'twentyeleven' ); ?></p>
</div><!-- #comments -->
/* Stop the rest of comments.php from being processed,
* but don't kill the script entirely -- we still have
* to fully load the template.
<?php // You can start editing here -- including this comment! ?>
<?php if ( have_comments() ) : ?>
* <h2 id="comments-title">
* printf( _n( 'One thought on “%2$s”', '%1$s thoughts on *“%2$s”', get_comments_number() , 'twentyeleven' ),
* number_format_i18n( get_comments_number() ), '<span>' . *get_the_title() . '</span>' );
Thanks in advance for any help!