Support » Plugin: Relevanssi - A Better Search » Relevanssi is not indexing after update

  • Resolved maorb

    (@maorb)


    Hi Mikko,
    I still use your great plugin after all these years and great you keep the hard work!

    I used to have an active Multisite with a working Relevanssi but an old version Relevanssi 3.0.5 on WP3.6.
    I’ve updated WP core of that site to latest 4.6.1 and Relevanssi to latest 3.5.4.
    My site is in Hebrew (utf-8).
    After updating, I’ve tried to erase and rebuild the index through the plugin’s admin page, but it appeared to delete the index but not creating a new one..
    So this:

    Documents in the index: 388
    Terms in the index: 13204
    Highest post ID indexed: 9395

    has turned into this:

    Documents in the index: 0
    Terms in the index: 0
    Highest post ID indexed: 0

    After downgrading Relevanssi to 3.0.5 (the former active version I used to have on this site), but staying on WP 4.6.1, I rebuilt the index and it is was working well again.

    It appears to have an error too, I have several lines like this one in error log:

    [Tue Sep 27 03:12:26 2016] [error] [client *.*.*.*] \xd7\xa9\xd7\x92\xd7\x99\xd7\x90\xd7\xaa \xd7\x9e\xd7\xa1\xd7\x93 \xd7\xa0\xd7\xaa\xd7\x95\xd7\xa0\xd7\x99\xd7\x9d Unknown column 'term_reverse' in 'field list' \xd7\x9c\xd7\xa9\xd7\x90\xd7\x99\xd7\x9c\xd7\xaa\xd7\x94 INSERT IGNORE INTO tcmb_relevanssi (doc, term, term_reverse, content, title, comment, tag, link, author, category, excerpt, taxonomy, customfield, type, taxonomy_detail, customfield_detail, mysqlcolumn)\n\t\t\tVALUES (8865, '\xd7\xaa\xd7\xa8\xd7\x90\xd7\x95', REVERSE('\xd7\xaa\xd7\xa8\xd7\x90\xd7\x95'), 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\x90\xd7\x95\xd7\xaa\xd7\xa0\xd7\x95', REVERSE('\xd7\x90\xd7\x95\xd7\xaa\xd7\xa0\xd7\x95'), 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\xa1\xd7\xa8\xd7\x98\xd7\x94', REVERSE('\xd7\xa1\xd7\xa8\xd7\x98\xd7\x94'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\xa9\xd7\x99\xd7\xa8\xd7\x99', REVERSE('\xd7\xa9\xd7\x99\xd7\xa8\xd7\x99'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\x95\xd7\x99\xd7\x9c\xd7\xa7', REVERSE('\xd7\x95\xd7\x99\xd7\x9c\xd7\xa7'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\x95\xd7\x99\xd7\x93\xd7\x90\xd7\x9548', REVERSE('\xd7\x95\xd7\x99\xd7\x93\xd7\x90\xd7\x9548'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\xa2\xd7\x91\xd7\x95\xd7\x93\xd7\x94', REVERSE('\xd7\xa2\xd7\x91\xd7\x95\xd7\x93\xd7\x94'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\xa9\xd7\x97\xd7\x95\xd7\xa8\xd7\x94', REVERSE('\xd7\xa9\xd7\x97\xd7\x95\xd7\xa8\xd7\x94'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\x91\xd7\x99\xd7\xa9\xd7\xa8\xd7\x90\xd7\x9c', REVERSE('\xd7\x91\xd7\x99\xd7\xa9\xd7\xa8\xd7\x90\xd7\x9c'), 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0), (8865, '\xd7\x97\xd7\x9c\xd7\xa7', REVERSE('\xd7\x97\xd7\x9c\xd7\xa7'), 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'post', '', '', 0) \xd7\xa0\xd7\x95\xd7\xa6\xd7\xa8\xd7\x94 \xd7\xa2\xd7\x9c \xd7\x99\xd7\x93\xd7\x99 require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('settings_page_relevanssi/relevanssi'), call_user_func_array, relevanssi_options, relevanssi_build_index, relevanssi_index_doc, referer: http://*****/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=relevanssi%2Frelevanssi.php

    Can you please figure out what went wrong?

    Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Mikko Saari

    (@msaari)

    When the plugin was updated, the database was not correctly updated, and the new “term_reverse” field was missing, thus Relevanssi can’t index.

    Try updating the plugin again, then deactivate and reactivate. That may fix the problem. If it doesn’t, you can delete the whole plugin and install the new version from scratch.

    I already tried yesterday to delete it and install the new version but it didn’t help.
    I’ve just deactivated plugin now and updated and re-activated – and it’s ok! So deactivate/reactivte probably fixed this so the activate hook ran and fixed db fields.
    Thank you

    Plugin Author Mikko Saari

    (@msaari)

    Yeah, the plugin update doesn’t trigger the database update for some reason, and you need the deactivate/reactivate to do that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Relevanssi is not indexing after update’ is closed to new replies.