Support » Plugin: qTranslate X » Release 3.4.6.5 is a fixer for WP 4.5

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Hi John, that’s the main problem which I still have with menu:

    when I add a page to the menu, the voice added does not takes the original translated title, just the one selected.
    To reproduce: pick a page (i.e. “[:en]Home[:zh]主页[:]”), when the menu language is in english, add it to the menu, try to switch to cinese lang. You should see “Home” in the translated text, instead of 主页.

    On 2 websites with WooCommerce there is a similar issue when you edit a Product Category. I hoped it would have been fixed with 3.4.6.5 but id didn’t. Is this related to this plugin or to “WooCommerce & qTranslate-X” which is also installed on these websites?

    We don’t have the flag buttons on this screen, but the name shows like:
    [:nl]Paard[:en]Horse[:]

    This issue was introduced with WP 4.5

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    @sardbaba: did your issue appear in WP 4.5 and was working fine before?

    @john yes, I think it is related with 4.5
    On the previous version was working fine.

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    @sardbaba: please try https://github.com/qTranslate-Team/qtranslate-x/archive/v3.4.6.6.zip

    Please, test other admin pages with AJAX calls as well, they may get affected. Although, I am not sure which pages use AJAX and filter ‘the_title’, just try the most complex stuff what you normally do.

    Thanks a lot!

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    @jos Klever: I tried to edit a product and could not notice anything wrong. Please, describe the steps to reproduce more accurately. Thanks!

    @john: It’s not about the products, but about the product categories. Go to Products -> Categories in the menu. This is the path:
    /wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_cat&post_type=product
    And then try to edit a category.

    @john Clause
    I have tried 3.4.6.6 but it is still not working correctly for the menu.

    When SAVE button is used, it effectively removes all the language translation tags, e.g. [:en]English[:][:zh]Chinese[:] in the menu. This means the menu will not get translated in the front end.

    I can post a video to demonstrate this if you don’t understand what I mean. This should be pretty easy to reproduce.

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    I am sorry, @jos Klever, I missed word “category”, what you described is what I did. I believe other plugins may contribute. I did it under theme Storefront and no other plugins except qtx and woo-qtx. Could you try that too? If problem is gone then, as usual, try to figure out a plugin at conflict by turning them off/on one by one. Some more troubleshooting techniques are described here: https://qtranslatexteam.wordpress.com/troubleshooting/. Thanks a lot!

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    @eric Wong: no that is not reproducible for me. Did you do update properly? Read around bold text here: https://qtranslatexteam.wordpress.com/2016/04/23/release-notes-3-4-6-5/

    @john Clause – I have tried 3.4.6.6 and it’s working fine for me. Now when I add a page which has a translated title to the menu, I can see that switching the language changes the title.

    @eric – for me with 3.4.6.6, saving the menu does not store only the last language; please note that [:en]English[:][:zh]Chinese[:] should be [:en]English[:zh]Chinese[:] (without the [:] in the middle), maybe is this the problem?

    Anyway, there is still a problem when I add a custom link because the link remains in the last added URL for a certain language.

    For example, if I add a custom link:

    /en/test with label “test”

    then in the menu I try to change the URL for the italian language,

    /it/test with label “it test”

    it ends up with /it/test for both english and italian. The label instead is correctly translated.

    I Hope this helps to reproduce the error.

    @jos – product categories are working fine for me with 3.4.6.6, Woocommerce 2.5.5

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    [:en]English[:][:zh]Chinese[:] should be [:en]English[:zh]Chinese[:]

    Both should work fine and interchangeably, and they do work in my testing (fresh install with theme Storefront and few other plugins).

    @sardbaba: the URL is not multilingual field by design (there is no color bar on the left). It should be entered language neutrally and it gets converted to active language when page is rendered at front end. The default behavior may be changed: https://qtranslatexteam.wordpress.com/faq/#CustomMenuConvertURL

    Does this end your problems or there is more? 🙂

    @john – uh! Sorry, you are right. I think all problems with menu on WP 4.5 seems to be solved. Thank you so much for the effort

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    Wow, I have just discovered that if one of menu labels have a double-quotation mark in the text anywhere, then the whole menu gets overwritten with one language again like it did before the fix.

    This probably answers all the rest of the problems people still reporting. We will investigate it and update as soon a possible. Thanks!

    Plugin Author John Clause

    (@johnclause)

    We have updated version 3.4.6.6 with a new fix for doable-quotation mark and released it, which should resolve the rest of menu problems. Please, continue reports on the new clean thread https://wordpress.org/support/topic/releases-3465-6-are-fixers-for-wp-45.
    Thank you!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Release 3.4.6.5 is a fixer for WP 4.5’ is closed to new replies.