WordPress.org

Forums

Multisite Language Switcher
Relations not working (17 posts)

  1. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    Like your plugin. Wrote articles about it. The problem is that it no longer work on my network.

    Is there a limit to the amount of posts (I mean relations) that your plugin can manage ?

    I'm trying to debug. When I select a relation (dropdown menu on admin panel > edit post) and then click on update it no longer saves it.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-language-switcher/

  2. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    There is an open ticket for this:

    https://github.com/lloc/Multisite-Language-Switcher/issues/27

    Could you give me some more information? How many posts and taxonomies do you have in your site?

    Cheers,
    Dennis.

  3. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    I got only 56 posts in my multisite. It's a bilingual blog (Fr and En). Now I can't switch between language.

    E.G when I'm writing a post in English and want to switch to the FR to write the French Version, it doesn't work. I can't save relation between posts or pages.

    Really strange.

  4. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    56 is not that much. Do you installed other plugins after MSLS?

  5. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Of course. But when I removed MSLS and reinstall it datas were still stored in my database.

    That shouldn't do such a thing. When deleting a plugin everything has to be deleted.

  6. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Yes, I know but this is another problem and this is also the reason why the version number is not at 1.x.

    What type of plugin do you installed after the Switcher?

  7. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I installed security plugins and a spam blocker

  8. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Could you give me the names of the plugins?

  9. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    yep : WordPress File Monitor Plus,Login LockDown and BAW Anti CSRF

  10. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    OK, please deactivate these plugins and try if the switcher is working as expected. If this is the case activate the plugins one by one and we'll hopefully identify which one creates the problem.

  11. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Look I already tried that. I've reinstalled plugin and when I look into the database, former settings are there. So it means that datas are not deleted when plugin is removed.

  12. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'm afraid that I don't get it. I thought that the switcher is not saving the relation any more would be the problem.

    In my opinion it can just be a side effect caused by another plugin if the switcher worked before you installed other plugins. I asked just to deactivate the plugins you named and to control if the switcher is working then.

  13. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I understand. Thanks for your answer but I'm afraid this doesn't come from other plugins because I deactivated all plugins except MSLS and it doesn't work. ;(

  14. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Sorry I can help you. I'm sure you can understand how strange it is when a plugin stops to work properly without any reason. I can just ask, the rest is up to you.

  15. tweetpressfr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    yeah yeah, I understand, was looking for a known issue. Don't why it does not work yet.

  16. jfernandezr
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I got the same problem, and I think that finally found the reason.

    Each of the related blogs should have the needed .mo and .po files in the wp-content/languages/ folder, except for the English one. Then, each of the sites should have the language correctly set in Dashboard -> Settings -> General -> Site Language.

    With this I could correctly link entries and the multisite works smoothly.

  17. Dennis Ploetner
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Yes, this is a possibility but in this case everything worked fine before...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Multisite Language Switcher
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.