[Resolved] Registration Form Errors: Added Fields
There is some additional information we need to collect when someone registers for an event for the first time.
1. I went to the wp_users table and added these fields: CameraMake, CameraModel, VoucherType and VoucherNumber. All are text. None were required.
2. Before I could add them to the registration form for an event, I was testing the registration process using a test user. I filled in Name, email and phone. I immediately got the following errors:
ERROR: couldn’t be empty
ERROR: Camera Model couldn’t be empty
ERROR: Camera Model couldn’t have a lenght less than 5
ERROR: Voucher Number couldn’t be empty.
ERROR: Voucher Number couldn’t be less than 5.
3. I went into the database and removed the columns. The error still persisted.
4. I added the columns back. This time I added default values. I can see the default values when I use a sign-up form on the site.
5. I added the fields to the event registration page – I edit the Booking-fields.php form. I can see them but I am still getting these errors.
6. In Chrome I have enabled developers tools so I can see the errors in the code. I can’t find which php module is generating them.
7. I also need to know where in the code I need to put the statements that will load this information into the wp_users table.
Unfortunately I thought I was on the test server when I was doing this. It seems I wasn’t. So, at the moment, new users can’t register.
Your help is appreciated.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Registration Form Errors: Added Fields’ is closed to new replies.