[Resolved] Register/ Login with Twitter
I’m wondering if you can help me – I’m planning to use the Membership plugin to allow early access to a website for a select number of users.
I have turned on Invite codes and added 100 random and unique codes.
I’ve also configured the Membership plugin as follows…
My ACCESS LEVELS are:
– VISITORS will see all PAGES, and only POST EXCERPTS. Anything after the MORE tag is hidden.
– BETA TESTERS can see ALL content.
My SUBSCRIPTION PLANS are:
– Beta access (FREE – no charge!)
However, the REGISTER page (website.com/register), instead of showing the registration form displays the following:
Select a subscription
We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details.”
[BETA ACCESS – Sign-up button]
After the user clicks the sign-up button, they are then taken to the registration form (website.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1), where they can then create an account:
– Email address
– Invite code
I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to skip the first step and instead go straight to the registration form? Since I only have one subscription level, the first step is pointless.
2. I would like users to be able to register/ login using Twitter. Does the Membership plugin support this?
I currently have another (premium) plugin installed which works flawlessly, but I’m unsure how to get it working alongside Membership plugin.
Here’s how it currently works:
– User clicks Twitter login/ Register button
– User is prompted to grant the Twitter app access. After user agrees..
– They are then asked to enter an EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD – this will in future allow them to login to the website manually, or they can simply log back in with their Twitter account – both methods will log them into the same profile.
– Upon registration, the users are assigned to the ROLE “Subscriber”
How I need it to work is like this:
– User registers with Twitter but must enter an invite code
– User is assigned automatically to the “BETA TESTERS” access level, and also subscribed as a BETA USER.
– User should be able to login to their account in future using both methods.. manually via the login form, or by clicking the login with Twitter button.
Is there a way to make this work? Or can you recommend another way to set this up so that it suits my needs?
The Membership plugin looks great, but Login with Twitter is a must for me.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Register/ Login with Twitter’ is closed to new replies.