I see an issue with an ACF error when I am trying to edit the page with Elementor(Free version). Here the steps I did.
1. download a fresh WordPress file from WordPress.org
2. install on my locahost
3. install ACF pro v.5.9.0
4. install Elementor v.3.0.5
5. open a “Sample Page” page which is a default page from WordPress
6. Edit the page with Elementor
7. see the error at the console tab in Chrome as “ReferenceError: acf is not defined /wp-admin/post.php?post=2135&action=elementor”.
If I disable the ACF plugin, the error is gone. I am wondering the error may come from the Elementor plugin. The error means the acf is called before the acf JS file is loaded.
I test by using the ACF plugin with Gutenberg, Beaver page builder and SiteOrigin page builder. I don’t see any acf error.
As I know the Elementor plugin supports the ACF plugin since ACF version 5.
Please check this issue. For the moment, I don’t use any ACF fields on the page with Elementor because this error.
- The topic ‘ReferenceError: acf is not defined’ is closed to new replies.