WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] Redirection of MainSite (5 posts)

  1. zmb
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Gents,

    i'm a bit lost in a redirection problem, and hoping you maybe can help me out of it.

    I recently switched from WordPress MU to the new WordPress 3.0.4 MultiSite. So far so good, i managed to get my sub-sites (blog123.example.org) working and also got a blog working with a totally different domainname (through domain mapping plugin).

    But, for whatever reason, I have a redirection loop for the "main" Site, though I can access the backend (example.org/wp-admin).

    To be honest, more think its a problem with the webserver than wordpress, but maybe you can help me out with that as well.

    Currently I'm running the following setup:

    MainSite: (www.)blognese.de
    Lighttpd with simple-vhost mod enabled

    simple-vhost configuration:

    simple-vhost.server-root        = "/var/www"
    simple-vhost.document-root      = "/pages/"
    simple-vhost.default-host       = "blognese.de"
    
    $HTTP["host"] == "(^|\.)blognese\.de$" {
            simple-vhost.default-host = "blognese.de"
            server.error-handler-404 = "/index.php"
            url.rewrite-once = (
            "^/(.*/)?files/$" => "/index.php",
            "^/(.*/)?files/(.*)" => "/wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2",
            "^(/wp-admin/.*)" => "$1",
            "^/([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*)" => "/$2",
            "^/([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$" => "/$2",
    )
    }

    Subsite: whatyasaid.blognese.de

    Even randomly new sites are redirected properly, for example:

    dsalajkb.blognese.de redirects to http://www.blognese.de/wp-signup.php?new=dsalajkb.blognese.de

    Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!

    Best regards
    zmb

  2. zmb
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    hey!

    i fixed the issue on my own. after 2 days finally. somehow during the switch from MU to MS the database got a bit confused. the mainsite was referencing to the wrong db-prefix (WP_1_ instead of WP_). i have now copied the files over to the WP_ tables and now everything is sorted.

    So, Main-Site contents reside inside tables with WP_ prefix (as long you have defined WP_ during the setup) and the stuff from your subsites reside in dynamically created tables with WP_2_ , WP_3_ , WP_4_ .... and so on (2, 3, 4 references your blog id).

    HTH for some people with the same problem.

    Best regards
    zmb

  3. No, you should not have to do that.

    omehow during the switch from MU to MS the database got a bit confused.

    How did you switch? Because you only needed to *upgrade*.
    http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/upgrading-to-3-0/

    If you changed values in the config file to the mutisite ones.. .that's what set it off.

  4. zmb
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    well, to be honest. i just downloaded the WordPress 3.0 from the site and wiped the old directory. because i thought it was a totally new build. then I referred to the same database which was used by WordPress MU before.

    Certainly somewhere during that, it went wrong.

    But anyway, it works as intended now. So I guess I fixed this "selfmade"-problem.

    Best regards
    zmb

  5. then I referred to the same database which was used by WordPress MU before.

    Certainly somewhere during that, it went wrong.

    Well, technically replacing the files *is* upgrading.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic