here's my problem:
a redirect loop is encountered in these circumstances:
- wordpress automatically logs user out after inactivity
- user clicks the logout link provided in my custom menu
the only solutions i have found are:
- manually removing the wp logged in cookie
- manually resetting the secure auth keys and salts in wp-config.php
here are details about my setup:
- wordpress multisite using subfolders
- main/root site is not the member restricted site
- using a global menu across all network sites with switch_to_blog() function
to the best of my observation, logging out does not seem to trash the authentication cookie that is set upon login. the redirect loop appears to happen as a result of the browser thinking it is still logged into the site all the while wordpress being completely disconnected from the user.
what can i do?