I’ve read other forum posts on this topics and no solution seems to work for more than a day or two. I’m intermittently having problems writing posts or editing old ones. This happens on both my blogs, which use different themes, by the way.
Here’s an example of a typical error message I get when opening the “write” tab to create a new post:
Error: Access is denied.
I have tried:
- Turning off all plugins
- correcting the path for new posts, per other forum posts on this topic, to include “www.”; under General Options, I edited so that it says “http://www.dropsofblood.com/wordpress” for the WordPress address and “http://www.dropsofblood.com” for the blog address
- Checking to be sure that I have the latest version of WordPress installed
- Replacing the WordPress files anyway, just in case something got corrupted
- Checking with my host to see if THEY have changed or updated anything (they haven’t) or if they see anything I should correct (they suggested I contact WordPress support)
If anyone can suggest some avenue I haven’t explored, I’m all ears. One request: Please speak in simple terms — I’m an amateur, although I can follow step-by-step instructions.
Thanks for any advice!
- The topic ‘Recurring problem – can’t write new posts or edit old ones’ is closed to new replies.