[Resolved] recreating an existing blog under different TLD: error accessing DB!
I have a single installation of WP under mydomain.tld1 accessing db mydomaintld1 with user mydomain_tld1 in host mysql.mydomain.tld1 and I want to replicate the installation under a different top level domain tld2, with everything else staying the same. Here’s what I did:
1. I copied all files from one domain directory to the other
2. I searched for and replaced all occurrences of mydomain.tld1 with mydomain.tld2 in the file structure
3. I created a new db/user (mydomaintld2/mydomain_tld2), a new host at mysql.mydomain.tld2 and made sure it connects.
4. I mysqldumped the tld1 db into a text file and went over it replace all mydomain.tld1 with mydomain.tld2
5. I uploaded the modified mysql dump into the new tld2 db.
6. Waited a bit for the DNS related dust to settle (don’t know if it’s relevant)
I now get an “Error establishing a database connection” when trying to access mydomain.tld2 in my browser. I obviously have missed something in the transition but I can’t think of anything.
I obviously have looked into http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress before posting this but couldn’t find any help. Also, note that domain length remains the same – so serialisation according to the previous link shouldn’t be problem in my process.
Any ideas? Thanks
- The topic ‘[Resolved] recreating an existing blog under different TLD: error accessing DB!’ is closed to new replies.