Support » Plugin: WP Hide & Security Enhancer » Recovery Link Not Worked

  • Resolved Lightpurple

    (@pamkaur14)


    Hi,

    I just changed the wp-admin URL to “lizmoore-admin” URL. It then didn’t work. When I clicked on the recovery link. It still didn’t work completely.

    However, if I enter the following URL into my browser:
    mywebsite/wp-admin.php
    it takes me to my WordPress dashboard and everything works fine, the site works fine and I can do everything else

    BUT

    when I click on “Logout” or if I try to access the WPHide’s “Admin” settings page, it still takes me to the “lizmoore-admin” URL. Also, when I log out, the WordPress theme I use is broken.

    I have tried removing the following code from .htaccess:

    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} lizmoore-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ lizmoore-admin/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^lizmoore-admin/(.*) /wp-admin/$1 [L,QSA]

    but it hasn’t made any difference.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter Lightpurple

    (@pamkaur14)

    Also, I just tried installing a new plugin and it take me to the “mywebsite/lizmoore-admin” URL.

    I am unable to install any plugins at the moment.

    Plugin Author nsp-code

    (@nsp-code)

    Hi,
    Possible the issues are caused by cache, can you describe your server environment? Also do you use a cache plugin?

    To completely remove the mods, you should clear all lines within your .htaccess file, between #START – WP Hide & Security Enhancer and #END – WP Hide & Security Enhancer, then replace the plugin from wp-content/plugins. Or delete the wph_settings options from your wp-options table in case you want to play with the plugin further.

    Thanks

    Thread Starter Lightpurple

    (@pamkaur14)

    Hi,

    I fixed it! All I needed was a way to get back to the “Admin” settings page.

    I saw the link to it when I put my cursor over the “Admin” tab, so I copied (typed) the link into my browser using “wp-admin” as the admin URL and it took me to the WP-Hide settings “Admin” page.

    Guess what…nothing to do with cache or server. “Lizmoore-admin” was still there in the settings which means the recovery link didn’t work properly!

    I managed to delete that and save the settings and it is now working fine.

    Hope this helps someone else in the future.

    Cheers.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recovery Link Not Worked’ is closed to new replies.