I have a weird thing happening when I try to recover my password on my wordpress blog. I use WP 2.8.5 (but I could only choose 2.8.4. here on the forum)
1. I click on lost password, enter my username, then I get the message “Check your e-mail for the confirmation link.”
2. I go to my email, and indeed I got an email with a link to reset my password.
3. I click on the link and come to a page that says “Check your e-mail for your new password.”
4. I go back to my email and again there is an EMail with the subject “[Username] Password Lost/Changed”. BUT when I open that Email theer is only one line in it that says “Password Lost and Changed for user: Username”
No password, no other text, nothing. So basically I cannot recover the password because of that. What is wrong here. Anybody else experienced this? I lokoed around but could mostly only find people having problems with emails not arriving at all. I couldn’t find info on this problem where I receive all mails fine but there is no password in it.
5. I open that
- The topic ‘Recover Password Email works but nothing inside. What to do?’ is closed to new replies.