@forthewinn THanks for the recommendations. I noticed you have commented on the plugin on both of my sites as well. Would appreciate if you stick to 1 place to communicate whichever is easier for you so I can then use that to reply.
Regarding to your first thing you mentioned, I never thought of that. If possible may I request you to give me link to the page where you faced the issue and keep the original code back?
Things I would work on as soon as time permits:
- Option to start from 1, rather than 0.
- Ability to change title that says "recommend this" (viewable on hover). In my case, this language doesn't make sense
- Ability to clear recommendations (this won't be added anytime soon as there are many plugins for that already. The plugin was created as a basic voting mechanism for posts, custom post types. But I would keep this on the to-do list.)
Regarding other suggestions:
- Function to display just the number (Can be done using basic CSS modification hence won't be added)
- Ability to add custom classes to link (Again if someone is added custom CSS class, they would want to give it some custom styling. And if CSS is added anyways, it would be pointless for a custom class. Developers could simply use the existing class)
- Ability to view blocked IPs, clear them, and whitelist them (I am not sure what blocked IP's you mean?)
The plugin was created for 1 single purpose and I am thankful that people have used it and liked it, I would be taking note on improvements such as option to start with a count of 1, ability to customize the on hover text, etc. Unlimited options is more confusing and keeping with WordPress's philosophy of making decisions and not options, I'm trying to stay on that path.
I hope I have explained each of your questions in the best possible way.