I know it’s a faq most likely. I’ve been over a bunch of docs on-line and got so far as I get the pages to show using “plain” permalinks. Once I change permalinks to any other option, I get a 404. Apache mod-rewrite is installed and enabled.
- I used Duplicator to move pages from a provider that managed to down my server twice in a week to something hopefully more reliable.
- Blank admin-page, lots of 404s.
- Finally after fiddling with .htaccess and whatnot remembered to “Lets encrypt” the new server as well.
- Changed to the duplicator backuped .htaccess, and the admin page said a plugin was out of line so disabled it.
- Now when I go plain permalink I get a sub-page.
- Now when I go my prior setting (Day/name) I get a 404.
- Removed .htaccess entirely
- The topic ‘Re-write not working properly’ is closed to new replies.