I've searched the forums but haven't found any related to my exact issue. I've got a WP test site set up at:
and when I view the HTML source for a particular article, all the quotes show up as ' and ". They display fine on the site - but when I check the source at other sites with similar postings, the html contains the quotes themselves, and I'm wondering if this is some sort of character rendering issue that could cause problems down the road.
** NOTE: I'm already cutting and pasting my articles from their original sources into NOTEPAD and saving them as .txt files, and in WP I'm using the HTML editor...
help, please! I'm trying to get this resolved before I add any other articles. thank you.
**Forgot to add: I'd installed the Unfancy Quotes plug-in and just deactivated it to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't. I'm not using WP Texturize or anything else.