Also, I am unable to add any new pages.
So, cannot create any posts or add any pages
is where it hangs in the browser
leads to blank page
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem? If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems?
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin? Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress?
– increasing the available memory?
– reviewing http://wordpress.org/support/topic/411649
-deactivated all plugins
-reinstalled 3.0 – automatic
– tried default theme
– plugins all work & are upgraded
Don’t think it is a memory problem
Will ftp wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh DL !!
re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes files didnt fix it 🙁
I was hopeful.
I don’t get any error messages.
In fact, QuickPress says “Loading….” while he whole dashboard page is loading but then…after a few seconds, it fails. Instead of the QuickPress window for text & controls, “loading…” disappears and all that there is – is a thin white line.
This is what the WP-Admin … admin-post.php code looks like
but maybe it is something else…
* WordPress Administration Generic POST Handler.
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Administration
/** We are located in WordPress Administration Panels */
if ( defined(‘ABSPATH’) )
require_once(ABSPATH . ‘wp-load.php’);
require_once(ABSPATH . ‘wp-admin/includes/admin.php’);
$action = ‘admin_post’;
if ( !wp_validate_auth_cookie() )
$action .= ‘_nopriv’;
if ( !empty($_REQUEST[‘action’]) )
$action .= ‘_’ . $_REQUEST[‘action’];
I reset the plugins folder
also checked the screen options menu on the dash – that was all set right.
I have this weird feeling it’s hanging cos of code somewhere…
to do with posting posts or pages.
posting comments seems to work !
I can also edit existing posts…
it is clearly only related to
as long as it is a new post or page
Add new page
Leads to a white screen, too.
Can anyone see anything whacky here?
plugins all work & are upgraded
Did you do as I suggested and deactivate all plugins to see if this resolves the problem?
Yes, I deactivated them before doing an automatic re-install of 3.0
This DID resolve the issue I had uploading images into media, but not the issue I have creating new posts or pages.
I went to my plugins folder and renamed it plugins.hold and followed the rest of the steps to reset plugins.
The Quickpress “box” is the last thing to load on my dash….everything else loads ahead of it, while it says “loading” and then, after everything else in the 2 columns, loads, about 4 seconds later – instead of loading – it just goes “poof” and all we see is the title QuickPress
At least this is isolated to simply creating NEW posts and pages. I can edit the old ones, people can make comments, etc
I am having the exact same problem with new pages and posts as birdie breeze. Earthlink is also the host. It looks like it could be a hosting issue. I’ve upgraded 5 other sites without any issue. None were on Earthlink. Any thoughts?
Have any of you managed to increasing the available memory?
I ftp’d the memory-bump into my content/plugins folder
did a reinstall
that didnt help with the post-new issue
it did bring back the issue when uploading new images to my media gallery, but resolved that by turning the plugins off and reinstalling and then activating the plugins.
I am too tired to call earthlink
Arnstein, stick with me!! Lets exchange email
you can email me at email@example.com
I have an email address to an earthlink supervisor.
I will get ahold of them in the morning.
Thanks Esmi !!
hi esmi and arnstein,
There is a trouble ticket at earthlink on this issue. There was one there before I called. Perhaps from Arnstein. They have added me to the list and will contact me in 24-72 hours. They said the WP fix suggested was deactivating plugins pre-install.
1. my plugins are up-to-date
2. I deactivated them before doing installs and re-installs of 3.0
3. I did automatic and also later, manual installs as suggested by esmi
4. i deactivated plugins t my dashboard and another time, within my file manager
I have memory-bump installed now
Waiting to hear back from earthlink
when I do, I will find this thread but also start a new one
have a great day
- The topic ‘Quickpress and add post – not loading’ is closed to new replies.