[Resolved] questions, suggestions
first of all, congratulations on the most amazingly user friendly, highly intuitive and simplest yet powerful ecommerce plugin for selling digital downloads I have seen!
I have spent the last 3 days (like, literally!) searching for something like this and I think I tested all of the ecommerce plugin in the entire WP database (yes, masterpress, cart66, woocommerce, jigoshop, you name it!) And for what? For a god damn plugin that does 4 things and 4 things only (I am only dealing with digital products btw): displays products nicely on the front page, accepts paypal standard payments, allows discounts of some kind, and above everything else allows for a god damn simple checkout process (no long, boring and useless billing and shipping addresses, with hundreds of mandatory fields that scare customers away more than compel them to pay). That’s all I wanted and believe it or not, all other so-called “professional” plugins failed to do these 4 simple yet vital things.
So anyway… Finding this little plugin of yours makes me feel like I’m already in Heaven LOL. I still can’t believe I am using it at this moment. You guys thought about absolutely everything when you created this. I just hope and pray that “ithemes exchange” becomes the most popular plugin of all, cause it deserves it.
But anyway, I digress 🙂
I would like to ask/suggest a few things if it’s not too upsetting:
1) image sizes customization. I created a test product and the image I associated with it got displayed on the front page of my website in its actual size. Well, the image quality is high and all, indeed but it’s just too big for the front page of a store 🙂 Can I do something about it? If yes, how?? Cause I didn’t figure out yet.
2) is it possible to make the short description of the product as customizable as the extended description? This one is not so urgent for me, but I thought it would be nice to implement
3) how do I keep the “”add to cart” and “pay now” buttons on the product’s page, instead of adding them in the sidebar widget? As soon as I added that widget to the sidebar those 2 buttons went there. It doesn’t look that bad tbh, but I’m a classical type of guy so I prefer the traditional way most of the time 🙂
4) coupon codes: again, no rush here either, but I’d like them to be improved, like for example enabling coupons based on different totals of money spent by the buyer. Please excuse my somehow bad English, I know that sometimes I don’t explain things like an American would explain for example, but if you don’t understand me just tell me and I will try to put it differently.
5) how do I customize the display of products on the front page, like for example list or grid display, if grid, set the number of rows/columns, set categories from which products get pulled, etc?
6) is it possible for the fields that we enter product’s data in to remember the info and highlight it as we type? I will probably add over 30 products in the coming weeks and it will be painful to type the URL of each product character by character, especially since the URL is the same for all products (just the filename differs)
7) how do I add the “add to cart” and/or “pay now” buttons to the products’ box on the front page? Currently that box only displays the image, product’s title, price and “view details”. I’d like an “add to cart” button to be visible there as well if it’s not too much.
8) well…. that’s all for now. I am eagerly awaiting for your reply to these questions/suggestions and we’ll continue from there 🙂
Oh, and btw, did I mention that your plugin ROCKS? I did? Well, I am saying it again: AWESOME PLUGIN 😀
- The topic ‘[Resolved] questions, suggestions’ is closed to new replies.