Your plugin seems very interesting and very simple at first sight.
Before to download and use, I just want to be sure it will fulfill our needs.
We actually operate a Multisites on a WordPress v.5.6.2 installation.
From the start, we have 2 questions that are important for us:
1. Actually, contrary to what your screenshots show, our version of WordPress doesn’t show any ‘Role’ and/or ‘Posts’ columns in the “Users” list screen.
If I refer to the WordPress ‘/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-users-list-table.php’ file, it seems that the display of these infos are “deprecated” since WP version 4.4.0 for security reasons.
* @since 4.2.0 The$style` parameter was deprecated.
* @since 4.4.0 The
$roleparameter was deprecated.
* @param WP_User $user_object The current user object.
* @param string $style Deprecated. Not used.
* @param string $role Deprecated. Not used.`
So, my main question is : If I install your plugin, will these 2 columns be reinstated (showing up again) ?
2. When I click on a User to see/edit his settings/profile, I can’t see what is his role, nor that I can change his role amongst the 5 main roles supported by WordPress.
The only thing I can do is grant him “‘Super Admin’ privileges for the network”.
So, If I install your plugin, will I be able to see at which Role category the user belongs, and will I be able to change its ‘role’ through that screen ?
Thank you in advance for your answers to these questions from our part.
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
- The topic ‘Questions before to download and use…’ is closed to new replies.