Hello. I am very interested in your plug in. The first time I saw something similar was on this website http://www.knowledgeoftoday.org and that feature is what made me switch from wordpress.com to wordpress.org, so I can add plug ins like that one. I am testing yours in my website and it works very good, but I have a couple questions:
1.- That website I refer to has a facebook lightbox that apparently was built by themselves (it says powered by knowledgeoftoday.org at the bottom so I assume they did it themselves and it is not your plugin) but they have a message at the top of the lightbox that says: “Like us to help spread knowledge and raise love awareness”. Is it possible to add your own message like that one on this plugin? is that option available on the premium version?
2.- I have been reading some posts in this forum about the ability to prevent the lightbox to open for people who already liked the page in facebook and are logged in to Facebook, assuming of course that they have not cleared their cookies. I went to that website to take the screenshot of the lightbox and it was not popping up, simply because I already liked the page. I removed the cookie and it came back. So I understand the aspect of the cookie being present in the computer, but is it possible to make it so it shows only on the ones who have not liked the page or don’t have the cookie? is it also an option in the premium version?
Thank you for your time.
The lightbox on that website doesnt work for me (gives me a colorbox not defined error on my firebug console). However, to answer your questions:\
1. It is only possible in the premium version to display a message above the lightbox. It can be plain text or HTML.
2. We have a few optionds which can be used to achieve the desired behaviour.
– Hide on like: this option catches the event when the like button is clicked and stores it in the cookie (as many plugins do). If the cookie is the lightbox wil not be shown again.
– Connect to hide: When a user already likes the page, and uses the link at the bottom of the lightbox (message can be customized) to connect, the user will never be presented the lightbox again.
– It is also possible (and highly recommended) to show the lightbox only to a visitor if he is logged onto facebook.
The reason why we decided to put these features in the premium version is because they require the user to create and configure an application on facebook and we want to be able to support that process if neccessary.
p.s: if you click trough to the sales page via the link at the option screen, you can see some screenshots of how it looks at the front and backend
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitat to ask them.
- The topic ‘questions about plug in’ is closed to new replies.